Welcome To GTEC
The Gainesville Technology Entrepreneurship Center GTEC is a community program providing early-stage startup companies with tools, training and infrastructure to help them get started, grow and develop into financially viable enterprises.
GTEC is a 30,000 sq. ft. business incubator located in southeast Gainesville, Florida, owned by the City of Gainesville. The emphasis of the program is technology and light manufacturing. The GTEC incubator has created jobs and strengthened the Gainesville area economy since 2000 by cultivating successful technology companies.
The primary goal of the GTEC incubator is to increase the number of service, technology and light manufacturing firms established in Gainesville, Florida.
Companies start, grow and flourish at GTEC. Whether the need is advice and guidance from experts, business support, or workspace, the Gainesville Technology Entrepreneurship Center is here to meet those needs.
To enhance economic development and job creation in the community by providing support and services to qualified startup companies.
- Develop a network of professionals to provide services, support and training to local startup companies.
- Create new sustainable employment for community residents, Santa Fe College and University of Florida students and graduates.
- Provide a low cost, nurturing environment for early stage companies to develop and grow.
- Develop public-private partnerships.
- Regular education and networking programs designed to address the shared needs of startup companies
- Networking opportunities with peer groups, area business professionals, and educators
- A professional receptionist to greet guests, and direct delivery personnel, or signing for packages when needed
- Professional mailing address
- Office space for rent with flexible lease terms, designed to accommodate rapidly growing startup companies
- Meeting space for rent, including:
– Conference rooms
– Training rooms
- Break room with dining areas inside and outside, on a covered patio
- High-speed WiFi
- Audio / Visual equipment
- Convenient, ample parking
- Quality work environment
- All utilities, included
- Access to a shared multi-function device for printing, copying, scanning and faxing